Weather Assignments

 The Homeschool Review Crew does word prompts for Instagram fun, I think it's great to have these words prompts for doing quick posts.  :)   I find them fun as sometimes it surprises me where my brain goes.  :)
The word for today is Weather.  Let's follow my brain where it goes eh?


 
When I think about the word weather I am drawn to a course that I am marking for an education company.   In that course the students need to take a weather phenomenon and talk about it.


I then grade them on proper word usage, grammar and such like.   They need to cite their resources in the proper format and make three good paragraphs. 

I've learned about tornadoes, hurricanes, ball lightning and more.   It's actually quite interesting, and it gives me a glimpse into the work I can expect my lad to do in grade nine/ten.

It's work that I actually quite enjoy until I have to give someone a poor grade...especially on tests when it's simply because they didn't actually READ the question they were asked (or at least it feels that way since the answer is completely different than what is expected).   I know it's part of life right?   To lose marks when one doesn't do the work due to failure to understand the question.   I know it's better to learn that lesson in the early years of higher education than later on at the job site.

It still bothers me to do so.   

I don't like pointing out their weaknesses, and for the most part the students accept it, I have the odd one though who likes to argue the markings I give.  Keeps me sharp I suppose, but it's a bit annoying too..especially when it feels like they are trying to justify themselves.

As I ponder this on a cold winter night it makes me wonder... do people do this with God too?   When God calls us out on something that we are doing that we really ought not to.... do they argue with God.. do I argue with God...trying to explain away why I did something, trying to justify my poor decision making? 

Human nature I suppose... or as hubby would put it...it's that sin in us fighting to have it's own way.  

hmm... the sin in us fighting back....trying to have its own way.  

What think you?

4 comments

  1. Deep thoughts from the word prompt! Is there a spot on Instagram to find all of the prompts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, the prompts are in the social media board of the crew

      Delete
  2. What an interesting idea. Word prompts can evoke so much from within us. It's interesting to see what develops.

    Oh my goodness, I was just reflecting at how my oldest daughter rarely reads the question. I'll be looking at her work on an assignment and she'll be missing a whole component (i.e. math) - she goes straight to the answer and might miss showing her work or writing her answer in a sentence. It makes me kind of crazy! lol

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer... these are SO much fun to do. I rarely know where I will end up (unless it's a hard word and I have to think on it too much). good for her to learn it now though eh?

      Delete

Hi! thanks for stopping by. I love comments, it is good to talk with each other eh?