You are my strength when I am Weak

"You Are My All In All"

Na na na…holy

You are my strength when I am weak
You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all
Seeking You as a precious jewel
Lord, to give up I'd be a fool
You are my all in all


Taking my sin, my cross, my shame
Rising again I bless Your name
You are my all in all
When I fall down You pick me up
When I am dry You fill my cup
You are my all in all


Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name
Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name


You are my strength when I am weak
You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all
Seeking You as a precious jewel
Lord, to give up I'd be a fool
You are my all in all


Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name
Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name


Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name
Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name


Jesus, Lamb of God
Worthy is Your name
Worthy is Your name
Worthy is Your name 


This song immediately popped into my head when I saw the word Weak was our word prompt for the day.
It's funny you know.
The older I get the more I realize that God is my strength.
When I was young I knew that God could move mountains if he so desired.
I knew this.
I didn't count on it though.
I counted on my strength and ability to see me through by the end of the day.
But as I mature... I'm a whole 51 years old eh... I see more of God in action.
As  he helps me through a day when I feel grumpy because my body is yelling at me.
His strength keeps me from yelling at the lad or making hubby feel horrid just because I do.
Knowing that he has my back helps me from feeling discouraged when an highly anticipated litter of bunnies proves to not come about, or dies, or a possum gets into the rabbitry and wrecks havoc. 

These small things help me to rest secure when bigger things happens like church closures and job searches begin.   

I can't say that I always rest easy (because that would be a lie) but it helps me to rest more secure that in the end, God will work it out.


------------------------------------------------- 
This is a five minute friday post 
Hosted by Dear Miss Kate. 
Today the word prompt is Weak
Five minute free write.
 Link up.
 Encourage others.
 Join the community.

10 comments

  1. I'm slowly putting this into practice, too. It is one thing to understand that God is strong, and quite another to trust fully in that strength. Thank you for these encouraging words! (Visiting from FMF)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome, thanks for stopping in

      Delete
  2. I love that song- thanks for reminding me of it. And yes, it is so important to learn to look to God for strength instead of relying on our own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God's strength far out weighs our own doesn't it?

      Delete
  3. Annette, that song often floats through my mind when I'm dealing with struggles. I LOVE the words and the reminders of Who is my strength. And I'm only a year behind you. Yes, my body complains at me too. Sigh. I'm truly thankful He gives us strength to live as He calls us to, not giving into flesh, but sowing to the Spirit in our thoughts words and actions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Jeanne. :) I've had it floating through my head all day long today... reminding me of who God is.

      Delete
  4. I use to sing that song a lot after I got saved. This post brought back fond memories. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strength is often gained as a result of weakness, as God gives what we need when we trust Him for it. Good post, Annette. I'll be singing tonight. - Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had this song in my head all week Lori... it's a good one that sticks.

      Delete

Hi! thanks for stopping by. I love comments, it is good to talk with each other eh?