The Lad's Research: The CN Tower




The construction of the CN Tower (Canadian national tower)  was finished in 1975 and held the world record for tallest freestanding structure until 2010, But it is still the tallest freestanding tower in the western hemisphere, The tallest tower and 6th tallest freestanding structure world wide, It is 1,815.3 feet tall and over 2,000,000 people visit it each year, It  is one of the modern wonders of the world. It has a sky pod where visitors can stand on a glass sheet that is 348  meters above the ground, The 2.5 inch thick glass can hold the equivalent weight of 36 moose, From the skypod you can see 100 miles  on a clear day. The CN tower is almost completely vertical it is off by 1.1 inches.

It is able the withstand a earthquake of of 8.5 of the richter scale and winds of 270 miles per hour, Though they don't get many earthquakes there. There is a restaurant in the CN tower that rotates, It takes 72 minuets to rotate completely. The last piece of the tower has put in place on April 2 1975, They used a helicopter with a crane to put it on, In the process the helicopter got caught on the tower with only 30 minuets of fuel left, Workers were able to free it and it safely landed with 17 minutes of fuel left in its tank.

You can learn more by going here

End of the lad's report.   I added this video.   



6 comments

  1. Awesome report. I would love to have dinner at the restaurant there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Barbie, I thought he did well too. :) The 36 moose on it... made me grin. :)

      Delete
  2. Good job, young man. Keep up the good research. I love the comparisons and all the factual statements. Those made this report not only easy to read but pleasant to read, as well.

    I had to chuckle at the though of moose standing that high up! - Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will share your comments with him Lori, thank you. And yes...those moose eh? :)

      Delete
  3. Great report! I don't think I want to stand on the glass floor, no matter how many moose it can hold! LOL But I do want to visit the CNTower - that's one place that my hubby never got around to taking me when we lived in Ontario or on any of our visits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Kym, your comment made the lad smile. :)

      Delete

Hi! thanks for stopping by. I love comments, it is good to talk with each other eh?