Days of December: White



The Instagram word prompt for the day is white.   
As I thought about this word this verse popped into my head: 

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.  1 Peter 2:9.



I have to admit, this is my favourite verse in the bible.  God calling us out of darkness.




If you are called out of darkness you are called INTO something.

"Into his wonderful light".

Light... which encompasses all the colours.  

I saw an experiment earlier this week that if you spin a disc quickly enough (a disc with all the colours of the rainbow on it) it will turn white.

Can you imagine that?

All those colours mixed together with speed...and you get white.

God calls us into that.   Out of darkness which hides colour into light which encompasses colour.  See the difference?

I don't want to be caught in darkness with shadows and fear and uncertainty.  Not really knowing what's going on.  

But being in the light...which encompasses all that I am and all that I am meant to be... Now that is something I want to be part of.  Don't you?

No comments

Hi! thanks for stopping by. I love comments, it is good to talk with each other eh?