A Lad's Delight in Tidyness

Did you know that sometime in the 4 months we'll be moving?

To that end, we're  trying to find the furniture and belongings that we say "I'm not going to move that".  

My lad has taken that thought to heart and over the past couple of weeks has been working hard to clean his room, and MY oh MY the articles and papers and toys and junk this lad is tossing.  :)

He even went out and bought two new-to-him shelves for his room.

He's rather pleased with how it all turned out and said I could post it up on the blog for comments.

No before pictures as well... he wasn't happy with his room so no pictures allowed of that.
 
Allow me to walk you through some of his changes.

Where the shelves are placed used to be a large drawer cupboard.   It was good for the storage of blocks of wood, stuffies, toy animals and such like, but he's 11 now, his play takes a somewhat different turn these days.   

We moved it out to the book room where I'll use it for other things.  It left him with one shelf which was unacceptable, but YAY!!  Mom found some shelves for sale and the previous owner was willing to accept counter offers from a lad!!   An even better woot woot!


Shelf One:

Top Shelf - Christmas Snowmen, trophy and catapult.

Next Shelf- snake skins (literally) and art projects

Next two - papercraft items and support items

Bottom shelf - can you see how he made an area for his cat to lie down?

He is SO pleased with his just for Milo area.  :)  and Milo seems to like it too.   All we need to do now is add a cat door to his bedroom and Milo will always have access to HIS BOY.




Some of the treasures he wants you to see.   All these treasures he made.  Some from a kit, the rest all him.  :)



Second shelf unit

This unit predominately holds his books along with his 3-d models and a few other treasures.

The tractor is a reminder of his grandfather.

The bottom shelf holds toys he can't quite get rid of yet, as well as some cat magazines etc.

Model car, items from Kiwi Crates and a bit of this and that.






Treasures again for you to see: 

One last area that he wants to show off.


OH!!!  I almost forgot!!!   He figured out how to hang up his real sword!!!!



My son is hoping you like what he did with his shelf units.  Nothing on the floor, everything nicely organized.  What more could a tidy boy want eh? Other than... MORE SHELVES!!!!   :)

18 comments

  1. The lad did a fantastic job! It looks really nice. I'm very impressed because it is so difficult to let go of things that you have enjoyed or made or used for a while. He deserves to be proud of himself. He did great! - Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:24 pm

    Oooh, lovely, he did an excellent job!
    You'll have to send him over here. We have three such rooms which could do with a bit of organising! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He says he's for hire...but you need to pay all expenses

      Delete
  3. He did great!!! Lots of creative talent at work there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job. There is a lot of joy in tidying up and finding places for everything. I have a bit of a sword collection myself. I have a rapier very similar to that. My scimitar is much too long to be practical for me to play with. My broadsword is my favorite by a mile. Maybe I will get some photos up on the blog soon so he can see them, if he has an interest in that sort of thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? My lad says can you show me pictures?

      I say if so, send a link please

      Delete
    2. I will definitely do that. :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! I'm going to show this to my daughter to give her ideas about showcasing her treasures. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job! I wish my kids were this organized. Please tell him well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice, he should be proud. I can't get my 12 year-old to get rid of anything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for him. Maybe he can come over and show my almost 11 year old how to get rid of thing and how to clean and tidy up. It looks nice and tidy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. my lad said "just ask them to think would they like better stuff? then they have to get rid of stuff they like but don't really do anything with". then he added "that's what I do and I can sell my old stuff and then I can buy new things".

    ReplyDelete
  10. zekesmom...he's looking forward to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is an amazing job can he come teach my girls to be that tidy please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Julie. :) Tidyness is just a part of who this lad is. :)

      Delete
  12. He did an amazing job! Love his tractor and we have our own collection of snake skins we've tanned over the years...some even have been mounted on old wood planks. That might be an option at some point. :) Please tell him that it looks wonderful...very tidy, very clean, and very easy to find things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meredith, the lad is fascinated to learn about tanning hides of snakes. Why do you do it? how is it done? Do you really mean tanning them or do you just keep the shed skins? More details please. :) He was pleased with your comments about the work he did. :)

      Delete

Hi! thanks for stopping by. I love comments, it is good to talk with each other eh?