Recipe: Tuna Cakes

I brought home this huge bag of tuna from the foodbank (they have reams and reams of it and are having a hard time getting rid of it).   So I thought today I'd make up some tuna dishes, so to eat now, some to eat later. 

First up: Tuna Cakes.  Hubby requested I make these.  I made a small one to tempt my son and to my complete shock the rest of the tuna cakes disappeared almost instantly. :)   His enthusiastic "you can make these again" warmed my heart.  :)

 I used this recipe


Ingredients


  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
  • 10 tablespoons Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
  • 3 (5 ounce) cans tuna, drained
  • 3 tablespoons diced onion
  • 1 pinch ground black pepper
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil 

   

Directions

  1. Beat eggs and lemon juice in a bowl; stir in Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs to make a paste. Fold in tuna and onion until well-mixed. Season with black pepper. Shape tuna mixture into eight 1-inch-thick patties.
  2. Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat; fry patties until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.
Notes:
I'm reading this recipe over and realized I forgot one ingredient: The bread crumbs.   But it turned out so well it surprises me.  :)   Next time I'll put in the bread crumbs  :) 

My thoughts: YUM!!
Hubby's Thoughts: These are good
Son's thoughts: A request I make them again.

2 comments

  1. I have never had luck making fish cakes of any kind and I have tried several. Glad they enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting that. Maybe God is saying ...no, no fish cakes for you! :)

      Delete

Hi! thanks for stopping by. I love comments, it is good to talk with each other eh?