Middle, a poem with thoughts

The Homeschool Review Crew does word prompts for Instagram fun, I think it's great to have these words prompts for doing quick posts.  :)   I find them fun as sometimes it surprises me where my brain goes.  :)   The word for today is Middle.  


I am a middle child... family with six children, three boys, three girls.  the order was Two boys three girls and one boy... so I was a middle child and a middle girl.  Therefore when I saw this word prompt I wanted to do it.  :)

What does the word middle mean?   Has so many synonyms eh?  My brain pathways:



Middle

Central
Median
Midway
Halfway
Mean
Medial
In-between

Monkey-in-the-middle
Game
Chase
Tag
Teasing
Fun
Not Fun

 No Middle Ground
Make a Choice
One or the Other
Lukewarm
Neither One or the Other
Caught halfway


The Lord tells us that he doesn't want people caught halfway between one world and the other.  That the lukewarm believer he will SPEW out of his mouth. (Revelations 3) Can you imagine that?  To be spewn out of the mouth?   The forceful ejection that you do of something you can't stand having in your mouth.  A bug, bad tasting food, sand ... all those things that you just know you shouldn't ingest..you spew them out violently.

It's not a bad thing to be a middle child (though it had it tough moments) but it is bad to be a person who wants to walk a middle ground between good and evil.  You can't do it well.  It's like trying to serve two masters and it can't be done.  Make up your mind... be one or the other ...or at least strive with all your might eh?!

Don't be one that the Lord spews out of his mouth.


2 comments

Hi! thanks for stopping by. I love comments, it is good to talk with each other eh?