Blogging Alphabet: E is for Edgewalk

Welcome to week five of blogging through the alphabet.  I am SO pleased that you have come to join us.  :)

Check out this link to see the rest in this series eh?

Anyways, as I go through the alphabet I am focusing on all things Canadian and this week we couldn't get much more Canadian than the CN Tower.   Did you know they have added an Edgewalk?

Imagine being able to walk around the highest building in Toronto?   Wouldn't that be breath-taking scary!!!  (at least in my eyes, my son says "that would be so cool!!!")

 Defining the Toronto skyline at 553.33m (1,815ft5in), the CN Tower is Canada’s most recognizable and celebrated icon. The CN Tower is an internationally renowned architectural triumph, an engineering Wonder of the Modern World, world-class entertainment and dining destination and a must see for anyone visiting Toronto. Each year, over 1.5 million people visit Canada’s National Tower to take in the breathtaking views and enjoy all the CN Tower has to offer. (source)

Canadian National built the CN Tower in 1976.  Their desire was the demonstrate the strength of the Canadian industry through building the tallest tower in the world.  It was a very ambitious product that involved 1537 people working 24 hours a day, five days a week for 40 months.   Worked started February 6, 1973.

Throughout it's history, improvements and changes have been made to the CN Tower.  The Edgewalk was added in 2011.  The Edgewalk gives people a chance to walk hands-free on a five foot walk completely encircling the tower.  It is 1168 ft above the ground. 

Adventure lovers can go around in groups of six.   As they walk they are attached to an overhead safety rail.  A trained guide walks with them.   The 30 minute walk is part of a 1. 5 hour event. To learn more check out Edgewalk CN Tower

So what do you think?   Want to join us?

A Net In Time Schooling

Rules for linking up:

1.       Your post must be family friendly

2.       Your post must relate to the letter of the week, specifically focusing on the letter.

3.       Your post must be published during the week of the link up.

4.       Your post must include a link back to either me or Amanda at Hopkins Homeschool. Heck, we even have fun little buttons you can grab as you can see above.

5.       Please, please, please share the love! Visit a few of the other posts, share or comment on them. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!
6.     Use the hashtag #abcblogging when you share the love!
If you do not follow these rules, we have the right to remove your link from the link up. We want this to be fun for everyone!

20 comments

  1. I'm learning so much about Canada from your posts! Thanks for educating me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's fun to find topics to do.

      Delete
  2. That's interesting and sounds like a fun (and scary!) destination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my son would LOVE to do this, but its out of our price range. :)

      Delete
  3. That is neat. I love reading your posts about Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been to Canada it sounds like an interesting place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Canada is a great place to visit (even better to live). :)

      Delete
  5. Wow! There is no way I'd walk out there, but I can see how some people would love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be fun to watch them. :)

      Delete
  6. I would love to view this! Walk it, that is another story!! Although I think the kids and hubby would say different! I feel like I am getting a virtual tour of our northern neighbor! Thank you for taking me there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun way to see Canada to search for glimpses of things I should share with others. :)

      Delete
  7. Maybe I would have joined you when I was young, but lately I hate heights! Wow, that Edgewalk tour does look amazing, though. I love learning about Canada through your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you are so kind. :) it would be amazing, but not something I would be keen on.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. NO? My lad is so intrigued by the notion. :)

      Delete
  9. Well, that would be adventurous! Loving learning each week from you. - Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it would be... a bit more adventure than what I would prefer.

      Delete
  10. Whoa! Scary!! I grew up visiting Toronto on special occasions (we lived in Western, NY and I have about a million pictures of the CN Tower from the ground (oh those high school trying-to-be-artsy photos!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey... scary works for some. :)

      Delete

Hi! thanks for stopping by. I love comments, it is good to talk with each other eh?