Breakfast Poem

The Homeschool Review Crew does word prompts for Instagram fun, I think it's great to have these words prompts for doing quick posts.  :)   I find them fun as sometimes it surprises me where my brain goes.  :)

The word for today is Breakfast.  Let's follow my thoughts along the way eh?



Breakfast

Day in
Day out
 Always the same 

Cereal

Honeycomb
Mini Wheats
Favourites of mine

Sugar Crisp
Kaptain Krunch
Favourites of dad

No meeting in the middle.

Along comes a boy child.

Middle ground.
Honeycomb yum!!
Kaptain Krunch is great!
Add in 
Fruit loops
Corn Pops
Alphabits and more.

Stretching
Growing
Not just Cereal
Push a boy child

Pancakes
Waffles
Bacon and eggs
Yogurt too.

Add in 
Fruit bowl
Toast and jam
Bagels sneak in
Cream cheese

Breakfast
Day in 
Day out
No longer always
the same.

___________________________
So what you do you say?
What do YOU have for breakfast?
Can you give me some new ideas?
 

8 comments

  1. We're not big breakfast eaters most days, so cereal or toast gets the job done. Sometimes bagels or English muffins, often I'll have yogurt or fruit, and in the winter I LOVE steel cut oats and other hot cereals.

    I just love cereal, actually. I could probably eat it three meals a day for a few weeks before I got tired of it! LOL My all-time favorite is Shreddies - only available in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give me a hot tea and a small yogurt with some nuts. The kiddos - cereal, especially a strawberry cereal in the local store brand. Breakfast definitely changes as life changes! Fun poem. - Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely does doesn't it? :) It's fun having variety, but sometimes I think I shot myself in the foot.

      Delete
  3. I don't do breakfast, but my husband does. We have one day a week where we make the "Big Breakfast" corned beef hash, ham, bacon, sausage, and eggs made to order...2 for scrambled, 3 for over easy and 1 for over hard. Otherwise, most mornings are cereal, Pop Tarts, yogurt or chocolate muffins from Costco that include carrots and zucchini.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i need to make more muffins.. muffins would be good for breakfast. :)

      Delete
  4. We usually have eggs or meat with rice or brown rice farina and fruit. We're gluten intolerant, so no cereal, though I had plenty of that when I was young!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. is that like cream of wheat? (farina)

      Delete

Hi! thanks for stopping by. I love comments, it is good to talk with each other eh?