Oh to be Slow

Oh to be slow


To not be in a rush.
To take my time.

To listen.
To watch.
To see.
To really observe.

The flight of a bird.
The sound of my son's voice.
The labour of my man.

The squeak of baby mice.
The thump of a nervous rabbit.
The crunching of food.
The chirp of a budgie.
The squeak of a wheel.

To listen.
To hear the sound of the Spirit.
To know fully the cost of the cross.
The awareness of that quiet voice within.
The roar of the lion of Judah.

Take the time.
Let it sink in.

To be slow
To take the time.
To not be in a rush.

Slow

--------------
This is a five minute Friday post. the word prompt is brought to us by Miss Kate.  Today the word is Slow.  What is Five Minute Friday?  Well it's a party of a group of like minded folks who gather on Friday to do a five minute free write around a singular word.  AND THEN we take the time to offer up encouragement to each other on this writing journey.  It's fun, though it's not always easy, but it is always good.   Come join us won't you?  You are always welcome.

12 comments

  1. "To listen, to hear the roar of the lion of Judah." yes and amen to this! Lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this graceful poem, Annette.

    But I won't forward it to my wife...she absolutely positively HATES mice! Can't even take her to Disneyland. She'd maybe make headlines.

    #3 at FMF this week.

    http://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2017/02/your-dying-spouse-276-journey-to.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Andrew... and it's too bad she hates mice so much...they are SO cute and interesting. :)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful poem! I love... 'to hear the roar of the lion of Judah' this is an image that seems to be popping up with some frequency in my life and I love it. Thanks!
    #11 at FMF this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slowing down to hear the chewing of food...oh that is hard one for me as it grates on my ears for some reason. I grew up in a fast eating family. My husband chews slowly and loudly. God bless him. He doesn't know it bothers me. I will learn to embrace even that. I like your words so very much here. Very encouraging. FMF friend, Jennifer Cook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in Jennifer.... It's funny how you think one thing with a poem, and someone else sees another... I was thinking of my contentment hearing bunnies munch of their food and you heard your hubby eating. different sounds .. different interpretations eh? :)

      Delete
  5. Love this! Have a restful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are all so kind, thanks you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. Peaceful. Soothing. Nice poem, Annette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori, this one was fun to do. :)

      Delete

Hi! thanks for stopping by. I love comments, it is good to talk with each other eh?