Forgetting the Holiness Of God

 We continue our study in Ezekiel, the last time we met was about You will know that I am the Lord. You can read more in my Ezekiel Studies here and here.



The Lord was SO not pleased with his people.
They were a people who defiled the land that God gave, sorta like the messiness you can get with your menstrual cycle.   So God cast them out of the land.   He needed to punish them, but the people simply didn't get it. 


Even when they were cast out, they profaned the name of the Lord among the nations.

God was SO displeased with them.  
His displeasure with them was mixed with his concern about how people would see his holiness when his own people proved to be so dishonourable in how they treated him.

 16 The word of the Lord came to me: 17 “Son of man, when the house of Israel lived in their own land, they defiled it by their ways and their deeds. Their ways before me were like the uncleanness of a woman in her menstrual impurity. 18 So I poured out my wrath upon them for the blood that they had shed in the land, for the idols with which they had defiled it. 19 I scattered them among the nations, and they were dispersed through the countries. In accordance with their ways and their deeds I judged them. 20 But when they came to the nations, wherever they came, they profaned my holy name, in that people said of them, ‘These are the people of the Lord, and yet they had to go out of his land.’ 21 But I had concern for my holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the nations to which they came.

I think that tomorrow we will see what God will do in regards to his keeping his name holy.

When I think about this, I thought about how people in the church treat God.  I think about how little regard we show him sometimes, and THAT is seen by the world around us.  How do others see that we regard God as holy, as different, as more amazing than anything else we can see, hear, touch, do?   How do we show that in a way that can be seen by those around us?

I think I fail at this miserably at times. 
Not really showing the importance of the Lord God. Not really honouring his name.
It's so easy to not see him in the day to day you know?
Not that I deliberately shut him out but I just get so busy living, that I don't always think on him...and then I wonder about how gray areas creep into my life.  More thinking on God will keep those gray areas at bay you know?

 

No comments

Hi! thanks for stopping by. I love comments, it is good to talk with each other eh?