And They Shall Know...

25 “Thus says the Lord God: When I gather the house of Israel from the peoples among whom they are scattered, and manifest my holiness in them in the sight of the nations, then they shall dwell in their own land that I gave to my servant Jacob. 26 And they shall dwell securely in it, and they shall build houses and plant vineyards. They shall dwell securely, when I execute judgments upon all their neighbors who have treated them with contempt. Then they will know that I am the Lord their God.”
Ezekiel 28:25-26

These are the last two verses of Ezekiel 28.  

God has a promise for his people Israel.   "when I gather the house of Israel.... they shall dwell in their own land....and dwell securely"

Think about that.   


God is going to gather his people together.  His people that are scattered.
He will do this in the sight of the nations.

Remember what God has been doing?   How he has been executing judgements against them?

God will gather his people together.
In doing so, his holiness will be made manifest.. folks will know that he is doing the gathering.
And the end result... you know what it is....

THEY WILL KNOW THAT I AM THE LORD THEIR GOD.

Always, always God comes back to that.
He wants his people to know that he is the Lord THEIR GOD.

Sometimes I wonder.... have we forgotten this?
Have we believers forgotten just who we profess to love?
This God of ours who can bring down kings and nations.
This God who doesn't tolerate his people being mocked.
This same God who keeps out universe running so we have oxygen to breathe.

Is the same God that we fail to pray to before meals or journeys.
The same God that we fail to thank or praise for the various things happening in our lives.
The same God who is mindful of our aches and pains and we neglect to thank him for all that he's prevented from happening in our lives or the medicines we are able to take.

So do we really remember that this Lord God who has gathered us into families and churches and denominations and more... Do we really truly know that HIS IS OUR LORD GOD?   Do we?

2 comments

  1. When I was reading that part, I dwelt on those verses a lot. They kind of stuck with me. God gives us many promises in his word and reading about them, remembering them, hearing the commands that accompany them - these things help us in the lives we are called to live. - Lori

    ReplyDelete

Hi! thanks for stopping by. I love comments, it is good to talk with each other eh?