Now????



This word, admittedly, has me feeling a bit flummoxed.  What do I do with the word now????   So what do I do when I'm flummoxed... let the lines and thoughts flow through my head and see where they take me.



Now?
Says a lad when asked to do something
NOW?
Can it wait?
Does it have to be done at this exact moment
or can it wait?

It's a good question.
A question I've been needing to ponder.
As I recover from being ill
for so very long.

The question I need to ask is
Can it wait?
Does it have to be done NOW???

And often the answer is no.
It doesn't have to done RIGHT NOW.
but
sometimes

It does.

And then when just simply does it.
Whether it's convenient
Or exhausting
Or desired.

Sometimes
the laundry MUST be done
Sometimes
Food MUST be cooked.
Sometimes
Hugs must be given.
Sometimes
One boy child needs a DQ Blizzard for
being ever so very helpful.

Sometimes
Now is 
NOW!


And that brings me to five minutes. 

That actually wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  :)

Funny how that works... and it often does for these FUN five minute word prompt posts that are brought our way by Dear Miss Kate.   Today the word prompt is now.

So why not hop in and join us.   Just write for five minutes, link up and then encourage those who have gone on before.  :)

8 comments

  1. Annette, I agree. DQ blizzards are a now kinda thing. That must be challenging (and motivating) to have a son drawing you out into the world after a long illness. Your post is very relateable and took me right into your moment. Enjoy the treat and Merry Christmas! p.s. I think mice are nice too:) In the spot right after you this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. :) he's a good lad, and I've been ever so blessed by him.

      Delete
  2. You're right, sometimes they do need a reward for being ever so helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your reflections. I also find that sometimes I have no idea what to write when I see the FMF prompt, then I start writing and I'm amazed by what comes out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lesley, it's surprising isn't it?

      Delete
  4. Very nice reflections that are ever so true - sometimes now is NOW and sometimes it is not. And DQ Blizzards are wonderful rewards! - Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and tasty too!!! mmm... I think maybe we'll find a reason to get another one this week....

      Delete

Hi! thanks for stopping by. I love comments, it is good to talk with each other eh?