Field Trip: Welland Canal

When we had our trip to Niagara Falls we prefaced in it with a camping trip and a stop at the Welland Canal.   I couldn't make it work to see a boat go through, but we did see the Canal and had a chance to go through the Museum they have at lock 7.

We had a good time at this museum, learning a lot, enjoying the air conditioning provided, and just moseying around together.

Here are some of the things we saw:


We had a good time and were glad that we went.   It was too bad I couldn't coordinate the trip with a boat passing through, but perhaps next year.  :)

6 comments

  1. So interesting. I would love to see a lock in action. I honestly cannot fathom the size of any of it. Thanks for sharing. - Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all I can say is THINK BIG cause it was.. very very big.

      Delete
  2. Oh these canal's are so fascinating aren't they! Would definitely love to see one in action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are, it was very interesting...next year... A boat!

      Delete
  3. This is something that's been on my list to do sometime when we're in southern Ontario. We've seen the locks on the C&O Canal, which is on a much smaller scale, so I think it would be so wonderful to see the big ships too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hopeful next year to see a big ship go through, they have a website you can use to see when they are passing through... so hopefully we can time it well! :)

      Delete

Hi! thanks for stopping by. I love comments, it is good to talk with each other eh?