Review: The Great Shelby Holmes

This was such an enjoyable read.   Seriously, it was fun.   I am going to get my lad to read it once he's done the series he is on.   Good detecting with good humour built within, and you'll find friendship blossoms in unexpected places.




Anyone who likes Sherlock Holmes and his sidekick Watson (or at least knows the story) will get a kick out of this twist on the story.   Shelby Homes, a brilliant young lady, detective extraordinaire, meets Holmes, typical boy transplanted to the big city.

Watson learns quickly how focused Miss Holmes is when on the track of a mystery, and how appreciated it is.   He also finds himself learning important life lessons as the story progresses, as does Shelby.

It's actually hard for me to write about this book as I enjoyed it immensely (even though it's a children's book) and don't want to give away the story.   Suffice it to say Shelby Holmes is given a mystery to solve, Watson finds himself included, and together they figure out who did the dirty deed.

Go on.. get this book for your mystery loving children.  They'll probably like it!

 
The Great Shelby Holmes
Author: Elizabeth Eulbery
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Pages: 256
Age: 8-12 years
Reviewed for: Raincoast Books





2 comments

  1. I've seen these at the library and wondered if they were good. May have to grab one next time and see if the girls and I enjoy it. - Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly enjoyed it, hopefully you will too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! thanks for stopping by. I love comments, it is good to talk with each other eh?