Recipe: Tuna Noodle Salad

Hubby suggested I make a plain tuna salad, so I went looking for a simple one and I found Amelia's.  I made some modifications due to dislikes that we have. 

Here is Amelia's Recipe.  


Ingredients


  • 1 (12 ounce) package elbow macaroni
  • 1 (5 ounce) can tuna, drained
  • 2 stalks celery, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
  • 1 (10 ounce) can baby peas, drained
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 3 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
  • 1 pinch paprika, for garnish 
Modification: I did not use the eggs or the paprika. Used miracle whip instead of  mayo.  Didn't have any sweet onion so used regular onion chopped very finely.  Used Penne as that's what I had on hand.

Directions


  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water.
  2. In a large bowl, stir together the macaroni, tuna, celery, onion and peas. Mix in the mayonnaise, relish, salt and pepper. Garnish with egg wedges and a sprinkle of paprika. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Notes: 
 Hubby said "I like it.  It's a good salad hun."
 Me: I like it.
 Son... has yet to be convinced that trying it would be okay.

4 comments

  1. That looks yummy! I bet my hubby would like it as well. My kids would probably have the same reaction as your son, though. When they were maybe only 3, my hubby made pumpkin soup and the kids refused to try it. They said that pumpkin was only for pies and cakes and cookies and to this day if you mention pumpkin soup, their noses crinkle up at the thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids are funny eh? Sometimes they like something right off and other times you can't get them to try a thing. Pumpkin soup...been there, tried it, and wrote home I didn't like it! :)

      Delete
  2. It looks so good! I have one daughter who would love this. She loves anything tuna. So she and I would be the only ones eating it. My husband eats tuna, drained, but straight out of the can with nothing else. Ew - not for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good. I can eat tuna straight out of a can as well....but if you add it to something you get tasty goodness of other things.

      Delete

Hi! thanks for stopping by. I love comments, it is good to talk with each other eh?