Recipe: Seasoned Teriyaki Chicken

This is one of those throw it together dishes that hubby and I often collaborate on.



Take four chicken breasts.   If you dislike any kind of fat like hubby does, trim off that fat and leave for your spouse to fry up with some mushrooms.  :)

Slice one large onion thinly and lay it in the bottom of a casserole dish.  Use more if you really like onion.   We are a mixed bunch in this house so we met in the middle.

Salt and pepper one side of those chicken breasts, and lay the seasoned side down on the onions

Season the chicken: Feel free to use what you like eh?
we put on
  • salt
  • powdered garlic
  • basil
  • pepper
  • no salt seasoning (from Costco)
Take 3/4 of a small bottle of diana's teriyaki marinade and splosh it over the chicken.  The marinade we used was a thinner type of marinade, but not too thin.  It thinned more as it cooked. letting off a delicious aroma.

Stick in in the oven for about an hour, at 350.  About 50 minutes in, I cut the chicken breasts in half and moved them around a bit in the liquid.

End result:

International student: tastes good.

11 year old boy, somewhat food suspicious lad: I like this mom!   Can I have some more?
Mom: This works.
Dad: I really like how we did this.  WRITE THIS DOWN hun. 
----------------
As for the leftover chicken bits.   I tossed them in a pan with some sliced thin small chucks of portabello mushroom.  I tossed in some garlic salt and butter as well.  It was a really quick fry up.  I like cooked mushrooms, and this gave me a way to use up the chicken fat so it didn't go to waste.

No comments

Hi! thanks for stopping by. I love comments, it is good to talk with each other eh?