Refine: seeing God as Lord more clearly

As soon as I saw the word refine this chorus popped into my head.


Refiner's fire
My heart's one desire
Is to be holy
Set apart for You, Lord
I choose to be holy
Set apart for You, my Master
Ready to do Your will
You know what refining does right?
If you work at a refinery you are busy taking all the unwanted materials out of another material.  Making it clean, pure, just that one material.

As believers we are constantly being refined by the Lord God.  
Drawn in to be more like him, more able to see HIM, more able to see our separation, more able to turn away from our sin, more able to recognize God as the Lord of everything.
Can we say the process is easy?
No.. it's hard.
It's VERY hard at times.
Seeing how much we have left to chip away, not us doing the chipping, but the Lord himself.
Knowing he does so with care for our very selves.
Giving us life circumstances that challenge us, break us, wound us, and up lift us, helping us to challenge each other, helping us to see the joy that it is to be more like the one who loves us deeply.
Ah... this is good... to see that love and care he takes for us.
Remember that..
Remember it when you are being refined.  It's only for our own good.
AND
It is done by one who loves us deeply.
And that matters.
--------------
This is a five minute friday post. the word prompt is brought to us by Miss Kate.  Today the word is REFINE.  What is Five Minute Friday?  Well it's a party of a group of like minded folks who gather on Friday to do a five minute free write around a singular word.  AND THEN we take the time to offer up encouragement to each other on this writing journey.  It's fun, though it's not always easy, but it is always good.   Come join us won't you?  You are always welcome.


10 comments

  1. Hey, we are on the same page, even down to the song! Loved your post. I'm #9 this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Barbie, thanks for visiting, funny how that happens eh? :)

      Delete
  2. Love this, Annette. And I never knew that song, so thanks!

    #1 at FMF this week.

    https://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2017/01/your-dying-spouse-261-cry-out-to-god-fmf.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have linked to the whole song for you then Andrew! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm going to have to find that song, between you and Barbie! I don't know it. Your closing statement is so good, so strong. The one who loves us does do the refining, doesn't He? And He always knows better than I what I need. Thanks for another good one, Annette! - Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori...I will send you the link.

      Delete
  4. Annette, that is such a great song. Its words are a beautiful prayer. I love your take on refine. I'd never thought about this aspect of it before:

    "As believers we are constantly being refined by the Lord God.
    Drawn in to be more like him, more able to see HIM, more able to see our separation, more able to turn away from our sin, more able to recognize God as the Lord of everything."

    Thanks for making me think about this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know, it's a good song isn't it? Thank you. I find that's one of the great things about FMF... people help you think differently about a word and sometimes bring out things you haven't considered before. Glad I could be part of that for you.

      Delete
  5. Now I'm going to have to Google the song.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! thanks for stopping by. I love comments, it is good to talk with each other eh?