Winter Wonders and Lego




Today we learned about deciduous trees and Evergreen trees. Snow and ice and Lego and patience. :)

We started working on the Winter Wonders unit study/lap book from DownLoadNGo. You can also get it from The Old Schoolhouse store, where you will find it here for $7.95. We did day one and day two. Not all of it, but most of it. It was actually fun. I made Justin write out the words that he could. He's very good at copying letters just as I write them... So I'm TRYING to be neater in my writing! Sometimes I think that's a lost cause though.

Day one consisted of learning about Seasons.
Day two consisted of learning about Snowflakes. :)

and yes, it was a bit more involved than that, but basically that's what we focused on. :) AND since it is winter here, we went
tobogganing on the SNOW! :) We had a WHOLE lot of fun tobogganing, other children were out in the hill too which of course made it all the better. I've decided I need to lose some weight so I fit into my splash pants again. :)

We are hoping tomorrow to go visit the London's Children's museum in the late morning, early afternoon, but in the morning I want to see about getting the lad to paint with ice cubes. See if it's possible to do that as an experiment. Should be interesting. It was suggested as a fun activity through the DNG study. Found it here.


OH! How did the lego fit into all of this? the Lad got lego for Christmas. I wanted something bigger to keep it in so I bought some bins on Monday and today we sorted them out and played and talked. it was a good time to go over again what we learned during the study. We had some fun figuring out what evergreens are called. I said.. Are they called everblacks? NO!!!! was the laughter back to me.. they are evergreens mommy! they are green not black! :) It was a good moment. We sorted and talked and played, and then went outside and played some more. We also had some of Dad's fresh made bread...YUMMY!

No comments

Hi! thanks for stopping by. I love comments, it is good to talk with each other eh?